tvr

Re: Voltage Sabilizer question

To: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Voltage Sabilizer question
From: Dean Tetterton <richtr@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:36:50 -0500
Pat;
      Looking at a drawing for the TR6, the stabilizer has a B and I terminal.
The B is a male tab and is the power in terminal. on a TR6 this is a solid
green wire.
     The I terminal is a female tab and is the feed to the temp gauge and fuel
gauge. This is a lg/g wire
 on the TR6.
     The 2500 schematic that I have show the same wire hookups but does not
have wire colors marked on the instrument wires. It does show green as the
power feed from the heater switch.
      The voltage stabilizer also must be grounded by the tab mounting screw.
It should also cut the
voltage out to about  10 volts. Any higher and the gauges will read high.
Lots of luck;
Dean Tetterton
74 2500M

Pat Leask wrote:

> Here is the problem with my 2500M.
>
>   a.. The gas tank is over half full but the gauge shows less than a quarter
>full
>   b.. It's cold'ish out side, I have a big rad with a big fan and the temp on
>the gauge is showing 138 degrees C (Gauge max's out at 140 C)
> Some kind sole suggested my problem is that my Voltage Stabilizer is shot.
>This makes sence as the Gas and Temp gauge both feed of the Volt Stabilizer.
>So as luck would have it I had a new one in the basement and I popped that on
>before my drive this afternoon, but it did not change anything.
>
> I did notice the wires on the back of the Stabilizer may not be in the
>correct position...here is the info:
> On the back of the Stabilizer there is two sets of spade connectors. One set
>has a "I" above it and the second set has a "B" above it.
>
> As it is now:
> I have a WHITE wire coming from the TEMP gauge attached to the "I" of the
>stabilizer
> I have a Green/White which seems to be the Power In attached to the "B" of
>the stabilizer (This wire leap frogs from a few things behind the dash and
>ends on the Volt Stabilizer.AND there is a Green wire coming from the GAS
>gauge ALSO attached to the "B" of the stabilizer
>
> My thoughts:
> My common sense tells me that there should be a POWER IN and a POWER OUT on
>this stabilizer.... ?
> If this is so, then why would I have a Power In AND a power out on the "B"
>terminals of the stabilizer ? (If in fact the Green/White is the power in....
>
> Should I have a POWER IN and a POWER OUT to the Temp/Gas gauge's ????
> What does the "I" and the "B" mean on the stabilizer ???
>
> Your thoughts please ?
>
> Thanks, Pat
>
> ///
> ///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
> ///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
> ///  Send list postings to tvr@autox.team.net
> ///  Edit your replies!  If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.
> ///

///