tvr

Voltage Sabilizer question

To: TVRLIST <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Voltage Sabilizer question
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:37:08 -0800
Here is the problem with my 2500M.

  a.. The gas tank is over half full but the gauge shows less than a quarter
full
  b.. It's cold'ish out side, I have a big rad with a big fan and the temp on
the gauge is showing 138 degrees C (Gauge max's out at 140 C)
Some kind sole suggested my problem is that my Voltage Stabilizer is shot. This
makes sence as the Gas and Temp gauge both feed of the Volt Stabilizer. So as
luck would have it I had a new one in the basement and I popped that on before
my drive this afternoon, but it did not change anything.

I did notice the wires on the back of the Stabilizer may not be in the correct
position...here is the info:
On the back of the Stabilizer there is two sets of spade connectors. One set
has a "I" above it and the second set has a "B" above it.

As it is now:
I have a WHITE wire coming from the TEMP gauge attached to the "I" of the
stabilizer
I have a Green/White which seems to be the Power In attached to the "B" of the
stabilizer (This wire leap frogs from a few things behind the dash and ends on
the Volt Stabilizer.AND there is a Green wire coming from the GAS gauge ALSO
attached to the "B" of the stabilizer

My thoughts:
My common sense tells me that there should be a POWER IN and a POWER OUT on
this stabilizer.... ?
If this is so, then why would I have a Power In AND a power out on the "B"
terminals of the stabilizer ? (If in fact the Green/White is the power in....

Should I have a POWER IN and a POWER OUT to the Temp/Gas gauge's ????
What does the "I" and the "B" mean on the stabilizer ???

Your thoughts please ?

Thanks, Pat

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list