tvr

Re: Alternator replacement

To: Rolf Beuttenmuller <rolf@bnl.gov>
Subject: Re: Alternator replacement
From: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:00:19 +0100
Rolf Beuttenmuller wrote:

> Hi John;
>
> Thanks for the picture, you do nice work the motor looks very nice.

  Thanks but it won't last long like that in the UK!

> Is the exhaust header a custom item made by you?

  The exhaust manifold was hand-made by Mick Cross of Autocross of
Bracknell
  as was the whole system. It uses 2" primaries into a 4-2-1 then a 2.5"
final
  system.

Also are you running fuel
> injection or side draft webers?

  Currently a 32/36DGV Weber which will be replaced with

  Two 45DHLA Dellortos after running in.

 Kind of hard to tell in the picture.

  Indeed. I have many other pics which will get uploaded shortly.

> Regarding the alternator I will try and find the remains of an old one that
> was on the car and measure the diameter. Finding it will not be easy.

 OK.

> Thanks for your help
>
> Rolf.
> 1970 Vixen S2