tvr

RE: Alternator replacement

To: "'Rolf Beuttenmuller'" <rolf@bnl.gov>, tvr <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternator replacement
From: "Hancock, Ashley P" <aph9484@GlaxoWellcome.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:41:05 +0100
Rolf,

I am about to do a dynamo/alternator swap on my 1968 Vixen S1. I have taken
a Bosch K1/55amp unit from a Mk11 Ford Escort. This seems to be very compact
but then I don't have the same problem with the steering column that you
have. Can you not use a shorter belt and rotate the alternator closer to the
engine block?

Ash

Ashley Hancock
Discovery Chemistry 3