tvr

Re: Differential

To: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Differential
From: Skip Gurnee <skip47@home.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 14:00:44 -0700
Stephen-
My experience was with a Salisbury, but I think it applies to any diff
that can't be fed through the side of the frame.
>From under the car, drive a nail up through the floorboard of the body
to mark each corner of the triangle formed by the frame above the diff.
Then cut straight lines from hole to hole to allow access from the top.
To reassemble the body, add some flanges (flat fiberglass strips) to the
triangular piece to cover the sawcuts.  Put some string-type caulk under
them (the stuff used to seal sinks in kitchen counters is good).  Hold
the assembly down with flat head screws and you're back running.
Best,
Skip