tvr

RE: Differential

To: "'Ljbtvr@aol.com'" <Ljbtvr@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Differential
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:52:10 -0700
I have an overdrive in my 1972 2500, so the 3.45:1 was overkill. This is why
I think the 4.3 will be okay on the street. If you look in the back of the
Vizard Triumph tuning book, it shows all the various rear end ratios and
engine speeds by gear, with or without overdrive. Very useful.

The A type was a bolt-in. I installed it with the engine in place, which
made the job really tight (damn near impossible, as I recall). The emergency
brake bracket needed to be spaced over a bit and bent to give decent
clearance. When you go looking for an overdrive, remember that the the rear
mounting bracket on the J-type is in a different location, so modifications
are called for.

I found the 4.3 locally. It had been built for racing with new ring, pinion,
and differential gears, but never been used. This ratio was never stock in
TR6. I heard they were used in Triumph Vanguards, but I am not sure about
that.

Stephen