tvr

Re: Tire Sizes

To: Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca, tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Sizes
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:24:32 EDT

<<
 Any recommendations for a particular tire for performance use?
 In a 205/60-15, the Yokohoma AVS Intermediate looks good, or the Michelin
 Pilot SXGT, or Pirelli 6000.
 In a 205/65-15, the choices are more limited. A Yokohama S4, or Pirelli
 6000.

 I am still puzzling over John Upham's suggestion in a post from a while ago
 that narrow tires are better on these cars? >>

Stephen,

For street use, I have the AVS Intermediates on my Vixen, 195-60x15.  Should
have gone with the 205's.  Very good in dry conditions.  Lousy in the wet.
Definitely not a high mileage tire!  .

I am also puzzled by the "narrow tires are better" comment.  Seems to me that
the wider the tire, the greater the cornering speed......

Rich Rock