tvr

Re: Discussion activity

To: Rolf Beuttenmuller <rolf@star.inst.bnl.gov>
Subject: Re: Discussion activity
From: Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:39:36 -0400
Rolf Beuttenmuller wrote:

> Will you are much further along than I am. I still have a bare chassis
>sitting on
> the flor of my garage. My project was interupted by the need to put new
>windows in
> my house. The windows are almost done and the boat is in the water. So the
>car and
> I will get re-aquainted soon. No question on my color ( as red as it gets.)
>
> Good luck
> PS I also had trouble with the old site?
>
> William Zehring wrote:
>
> > At 09:00 PM 6/15/98 EDT, you wrote:
> > >Stephen, I haven't been in on the group for very long but from what I've
>seen
> > >there is not a tremendous amount of discussion on any particular model of
> > TVR.
> > >Seems more like a source for answers if someone has a specific question or
> > >problem with whatever they happen to be working on. Sure can be nice to get
> > >some different answers and opinions quickly when they're needed. Being new
> > >this "on line "stuff, I don't know of any other "mailing lists" dedicated
> > >TVRs. I was kind of hoping this one would get more activity but I suppose
> > >everyone is spending their time wrenching on their cars.
> > >Dave
> > >

> > This list hasn't been around too terribly long, and it is a pretty quiet
> > one at that.  There is another TVR list, based in England.  It had been my
> > impression that most participants in that list are late model owners, not
> > in the US.  That wasn't going to be much help to me, with my restoration of
> > a '71 2500.  I guessed that other US TVR owners might feel the same way.
> > So, I helped to get this list going for the owners of earlier cars and for
> > US owners, who hadn't penetrated much into the exisiting list (the address
> > of this other list used to be www.domino.com but I just tried to get into
> > that page and it indicated there was a problem.  An alternative page thats
> > quite good is:http://cognac.lu.se/tvr/TVR.html.)
> >
> > Anyway, I hope that the autox.team.net list really does gain momentum.
> > I've had good luck getting advice and parts sources from it.
> >
> > In terms of an update on my project...
> > We hit a snag trying to locate a hearald front upright (long gruesome
> > story, pretty uninteresting) but its in hand now and the front end
> > reassembly will be getting finished in the next couple of weekends.  I'd
> > hoped to have the car ready for the vintage races at Mid ohio (this is not
> > a race car, I just had set that as a goal to present it to my pals there),
> > but that won't happen.  I repainted the wheels and now have dunlops on them
> > (165s).  The electrical work in the engine bay is about done, and all
> > that's really left is a final re-assembly of the interior and then putting
> > the induction back on the engine (and trying to start the dang thing).  I
> > still have pipe dreams that this car will be roaring about my neck of the
> [...]

Greetings Fellow TVR Folsk:
I guess its time for me to admit that i have a stalled project and that
its even close to the end. I need incentive to jump back in and finish
it. The hard part is already done (or at least most of it).

I have a transition car (Vixen body & M chassis) Chassis # 2311T. I  t
was originally a blue-green. Car sat out for a long time but didnt get
many miles - only 27K. Still has original TR6 driveline. Car was down to
bare chassis. Chassis is mostly done except for installing master cyl
and brake fluid and exhaust system. Body is painted and back on chassis.
Sunroof needs to be redone and seems to be a stumbling block. I need to
get window assys back on the doors, New carpet for the interior, sort
the wiring fill with fluids and Im sure a lot of other things before I
can even start it.

So how do I get off of Dead center? I tell myself that before I get back
to the TVR, I need to get a new front suspension on my Morgan...and that
seems to be going slowly too.

By the way I couldn't abide that blue green, so mine is now bright
yellow and the color really looks nice on the car.

Good luck to all of you who will finish your projects long before i do.
I'll be glad to listen to incentive methods.

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net