tvr

Re:Discussion activity

To: GRIFF65@aol.com
Subject: Re:Discussion activity
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:24:29 -0400
At 09:00 PM 6/15/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Stephen, I haven't been in on the group for very long but from what I've seen
>there is not a tremendous amount of discussion on any particular model of
TVR.
>Seems more like a source for answers if someone has a specific question or
>problem with whatever they happen to be working on. Sure can be nice to get
>some different answers and opinions quickly when they're needed. Being new to
>this "on line "stuff, I don't know of any other "mailing lists" dedicated to
>TVRs. I was kind of hoping this one would get more activity but I suppose
>everyone is spending their time wrenching on their cars.
>Dave

This list hasn't been around too terribly long, and it is a pretty quiet
one at that.  There is another TVR list, based in England.  It had been my
impression that most participants in that list are late model owners, not
in the US.  That wasn't going to be much help to me, with my restoration of
a '71 2500.  I guessed that other US TVR owners might feel the same way.
So, I helped to get this list going for the owners of earlier cars and for
US owners, who hadn't penetrated much into the exisiting list (the address
of this other list used to be www.domino.com but I just tried to get into
that page and it indicated there was a problem.  An alternative page thats
quite good is:http://cognac.lu.se/tvr/TVR.html.)

Anyway, I hope that the autox.team.net list really does gain momentum.
I've had good luck getting advice and parts sources from it.

In terms of an update on my project...
We hit a snag trying to locate a hearald front upright (long gruesome
story, pretty uninteresting) but its in hand now and the front end
reassembly will be getting finished in the next couple of weekends.  I'd
hoped to have the car ready for the vintage races at Mid ohio (this is not
a race car, I just had set that as a goal to present it to my pals there),
but that won't happen.  I repainted the wheels and now have dunlops on them
(165s).  The electrical work in the engine bay is about done, and all
that's really left is a final re-assembly of the interior and then putting
the induction back on the engine (and trying to start the dang thing).  I
still have pipe dreams that this car will be roaring about my neck of the
woods sometime in July.  Then the world will get a chance to decide if this
car is green or if its blue.  I personally think its a greenish-blue  ;-)

Cheers,
Will Zehring
1971 2500 (1962T)