Re: [TR] TR6 rear suspension 'grunch' - Help!

To: Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 rear suspension 'grunch' - Help!
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:04:01 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/2006 10:07:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com writes:

> I've replaced almost everything in the rear suspension of my 1973 TR6
> (trailing arm bushings, springs and caps, half-shafts, U-joints, rear hubs,
> lever arm shocks, shock links and bushings) and I still have a strange,
> frustrating "grunch" sound coming from my rear suspension

Brian,
You do not mention diff mounts.  I when thru a similar fault diagnosis by
part substitution process on my 71 TR6. What I eventually found was a cracked
frame where the diff mounts.  This is very common for a TR6.  You may want to
drop the diff and take a look.  They usually can be repaired in place by a good
welder and there is a gusset kit you can buy to strengthen the mount.

Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org