Re: tie rod end removal 101

To: hakhutch@adelphia.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net, Stephen@silex.com
Subject: Re: tie rod end removal 101
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:14:22 -0500
I second what Tim has written for #3 with the pickle fork.  One side
note though.  The pickle fork that I bought was actually not wide
enough to fit and I had to use a grinder to "widen" the opening by
taking off some material from the inside of the fork tines.  Your
mileage may vary but the fork I bought was pretty inexpensive.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108
Topsham, Maine

  #3 Use a pickle fork. Also available at most auto parts stores. This
tool wedges between the knuckle and the tie rod end. It will destroy
the boot on the tie rod end resulting in replacement of the tie rod
end. Use this tool if you are going to replace the part anyway. This
tool is under $10 and I do own one of these. I mainly use it separating
ball joints but it does work well foot tie rod as well.

 Good luck-
 Tim Hutchisen
 71 TR6
 70 GT6+