Re: GT-6 No Oil to the Head

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Subject: Re: GT-6 No Oil to the Head
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 07:53:22 -0400
Cc: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i62BtBOJ005663
Message text written by "Graham Stretch"
>Something to be aware of, all the later engines from Triumph, 1100 1300
1500
2000 2500 cc versions and possibly the earlier Standard Vanguard (TR)
engines have the oil flow to the rocker shaft regulated by the rear cam
bearing, there is (should be) a flat on the rear journal that connects the
upper gallery to the lower gallery once every two turns of the crank (one
turn of the cam)<

What a juicy nugget of information that I did not know before.  I'll have
to file that away in the ol' memory bank.

Thanks

Dave