GT-6 No Oil to the Head

To: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>
Subject: GT-6 No Oil to the Head
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 18:18:03 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net i61MJkOJ018941
Message text written by jim williams

I have a newly rebuilt GT-6 motor. Upon trying to
start it I noticed that there was no oil through the
rockers. I made an oil pump priming tool, spun the
pump counter clockwise no oil yet. <

How long did you spin the pump.  (I assume you are turning it in the right
direction since you have oil pressure but you may want to double chack
anyway)  There is quite a bit of volume in the rocker shaft and the flow of
oil to the head is not terribly much and it may take a couple of minutes to
see oil coming out of the rockers.  What kind of oil are you using?  If it
is 20/50 it may be extra slow to reach all the smaller passages.

Dave