Re: Youth...Shorter still?

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com (Dave Massey)
Subject: Re: Youth...Shorter still?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:25:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net ("[unknown]"), OC@46thFoot.com (Michael Hargreave Mawson)
In a message dated 2/7/2003 11:55:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, Dave Massey
<105671.471@compuserve.com> writes:

>At our age 27 is youth.  Look at it this way, you have spent more of your
>life waiting for it to happen than you've spent waiting to fix it.  I don't
>see a problem...

I like your math! :-)

Glad I wasn't much younger when it happened, though. I can envision myself at
"live forever" 18, ignoring the problem until such time as it, well, manifested
itself in a truly spectacular and possibly (near-)fatal way. Having part of the
rear suspension let go completely "at speed" is likely NOT to result in a
favorable outcome. I know what happens when a swing-axle Spitfire u-joint blows
@ 35 mph, and I also know what happens when a Spitfire front vertical link
shears off in the trunnion @ 10 mph. Those are pretty much the "limits of the
limits" I wish to explore!

--Andy Mace