Re: Youth...Shorter still?

To: "INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com" <ZoboHerald@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Youth...Shorter still?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:57:56 -0500
Cc: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h17J0whu016176
Message text written by INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com
>Glad I wasn't much younger when it happened, though. I can envision myself
at "live forever" 18, ignoring the problem until such time as it, well,
manifested itself in a truly spectacular and possibly (near-)fatal way.
Having part of the rear suspension let go completely "at speed" is likely
NOT to result in a favorable outcome. I know what happens when a swing-axle
Spitfire u-joint blows @ 35 mph, and I also know what happens when a
Spitfire front vertical link shears off in the trunnion @ 10 mph. Those are
pretty much the "limits of the limits" I wish to explore!
<

I guess that at 27 you were old enough to know better but still too young
to care.

Dave