Re: Newbie

To: "Dale Neidhammer" <dneid@siliconmetrics.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:54:12 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>       1.  Spitfire or TR6?  I realize this is probably
>           more of a "religious" question.  My frame of
>           reference is wrt to parts availability.

Welcome to the list, FWIW in the UK its unlikely anyone would be
pondering this question: TR6 prices are way too high, so are the
running costs (expensive fuel), Spitfires though are one of the most
economical old sports cars you can find. Looked at from the other
direction the TR6 with petrol injection will keep up with most modern
cars (and surprise many of their drivers), whereas the
Spitfire........(can benefit from tuning).

 From my limited knowledge of US spec cars I would suggest you
consider early TR6s as emission control gear began to strangle them
later on. Spitfires got the 1500 engine to try to counter the effects.

Good luck.
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI