Re: Tachometer Dilemma

Subject: Re: Tachometer Dilemma
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:50:43 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Steve :

I can't believe you found even an aftermarket tach with no provisions
for lighting.  Are there extra wires or contacts sticking out the back
?  Smaller holes, perhaps ?

Tach mechanisms are pretty straightforward (well, compared to a clock
anyway <g>).  Check out Tony Rhodes' article on repair at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/arhodes/Speedo.html

There are places that will repair them (sorry, I don't have any links
handy), but bring lots of $$$.

If you can get the glass off (by turning the chrome bezel until the tabs
line up with the slots), then you can lift out the outer light diffuser
ring, undo the two screws on the back, and the mechanism should fall out
in your hand.  If you are lucky, the replacement mechanism will fit in
it's place.

Randall