Tachometer Dilemma

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tachometer Dilemma
From: Stephen Peca <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 06:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
Most of the gauges on my TR3 are non-functional.  So I decided to attack the
tachometer yesterday.  I first replaced the cable (which had snapped), but
the tachometer still didn't work.  I purchased a tachometer several months
ago, attached the cable, and "voila" I have a working tachometer.

Now the dilemma.  The replacement tachometer - although looking to be an
original - does not have the two tubular openings on the back to connect
lights (when the headlights are lit).  So, can I switch backings on the
tachometers (and how do I do this)?  Should I just rough it and use a
flashlight at night to see the tacometer?  Or should I try to get the
original tachometer repaired, if possible (and where can I get this done)?

Next weekend, the speedometer.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Peca
Franklin Twp, New Jersey