Re: Events for non-perfect cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Events for non-perfect cars
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 06:41:31 -0400
Cc: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>, Roger Colson <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Yes, that's typical.  Or you could start it cold, if you prefer.

As I recall, you get to pre-set your crank at the angle you need.  The
clock starts with you sitting in the driver's seat, with the key off.

TRA used to also have an "Idle Threat" competition, where you drive an
autox style course, but you win by having the *highest* elapsed time.
It pays to have a low, steady idle, at least as long as the course
doesn't have much of an up-hill section.

Keith Edwards, Idle Threat winner several years ago
Suffolk, VA
4.5 TRs