RE: General Rustoration, certainly lbc relevant.

To: "'Musson, Carl'" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: General Rustoration, certainly lbc relevant.
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:26:51 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
This problem occurs exclusively when I use Rustoleum primer and Rustoleum
topcoats. That is one of the puzzlers here.  Sorry if I was unclear-  I
never use Rusty Metal Primer under anything that is intended for a final
topcoat with another manufacturers products.  I have had compatibility
problems with other painting projects, usually when spraying Enamels over
Nitrocellulose or acrylic lacquer.  But this question deals exclusively with
Rustoleum/rustoleum layers.
Thanks,
        Bob Westerdale

Carl wrote->
I have been told that a single "line" of finishing products should be used
from metal to final coat because of compatibility.  Could this be a result
of an incompatibility between the Rustoleum and the final coat?   It sounds
like the Rustoleum by itself is not a problem - even when overspraying with
another layer of Rustoleum products - but only when you use it as a primer
for other products.

JMTCW
Carl