Re: high beam switch wiring

To: davelee1@home.com
Subject: Re: high beam switch wiring
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 07:17:04 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Hi everyone I have finally rewired the whole car with the exception of the
 high beam switch.  My 16 year old multimeter finally died on me.  I have the
 switch situated with the three connections facing up.  Can anyone tell me
 the order in which the wires get plugged in?  Also the new wiring harness I
 purchased from Moss only has one ground connector available for the four
 smaller gauges.  The manual only shows the fuel and temperature gauges being
 grounded.  This may be a dumb question but do I need to ground all four in
 order to get all the gauge lights to work?  Did earlier TR4s not come with
 gauge lights or do the ammeter and oil pressure gauges not get grounded?

Hi David

The center post should be the blue wire, I don't think the other 2 matter
which side they're on. My TR4 has a black wire with a number of ring
connectors spaced along it which is to ground the small gauges. You don't get
this with a new harness. Easy to make if you don't have one. If you have a
wood dash, the lights won't work (and maybe other things) without it.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4