Re: TR3 engine no. 301435?

To: mga@napanet.net
Subject: Re: TR3 engine no. 301435?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 06:39:50 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Don
TR2-4 engines are all essentially the same block. The ID #'s are on a raised
plynth on the distributor side, and all TR3 motors should start with "TS".
The numbers should be fairly close to a vehicle commission #, and I don't
believe there were any above 100,000. What you have looks like a casting #.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4
69 TR6

<< Hello,

 I am not a TR3 owner (I have a TR8 and other British cars).  I have a TR3
 engine and transmission that I picked up with some parts.  The ID no. on the
 side is 301435.  Is that the engine no. or what?  I also have a bare block
 (sans main bearings) and it has the same no.  Can anyone tell me what year
 car these are from?  Is it TR3, 3A or what?

 Don Scott