RE:3 on the tree

To: Chip Krout <Chip19474@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE:3 on the tree
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:19:20 -0500
Chip, I remember the first time I saw a "3 on the tree:
Of course I had heard of the expression, I just had never seen it.
I was 18 years old, helping the sailing coach trailer a boat.
He did some funny stuff with the tree shift lever, moving it back and forth.
I had assumed it was an automatic, but then he used his left foot and lever
on the tree!  My eyes just about popped out until I suddenly realized
what in the world he was doing.   pretty funny.

I think that car is still the ONLY one with 3 on the tree I ever rode in.