Re: Royal Blue ~ concours

To: SJagGo@aol.com
Subject: Re: Royal Blue ~ concours
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:26:05 -0700
Actually, according to my color chart that I have been compiling over
the past 3 or so years, Royal Blue seems to have come into use in 1965.
So it would not have been in existance (except possibly by special
order) when the car in question was built.

As Andy stated, the Mk1's had no paint and trim identification on the
commission plate, so unless you got a judge (like myself) who knows the
difference, it probably wouldn't be caught.

By the way, I declined the Portland Triumph Owner's invitation to
recruit me as a possible judge at the VTR convention when I was at the
Portland ABFM last September.  So you don't have to worry about me
marking you down!  :)

Regards,
Joe

--