Re: Mysterious "rear end" noise

To: jays@paonline.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mysterious "rear end" noise
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:44:11 EDT
In a message dated 99-08-09 20:22:01 EDT, jays@paonline.com writes:

<< Finally I pulled off the trim rings again and DROVE the car.  The noise
was gone.  The only thing I can figure is that the flexing of the tire makes
the valve stems strike the edge of their hole in the trim ring.  Has anyone
else had this problem?  Is there another explanation?  Well, at least it
won't cost me any more money! >>

Jay,

YES...but not on an LBC....a '93 Ford Taurus!  It has standard aluminum
wheels with plastic center wheel hubs.  The plastic heats up and occasionally
clicks, creaks or snaps sounding like bad constant velocity joints....doesn't
happen often but until I found the cause, it was a little annoying!

Cheers,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (Decent Driver)