Re: Paint for speedo and tach needles.

To: krus@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint for speedo and tach needles.
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:04:41 EDT
In a message dated 20-Jul-99 23:13:53 Eastern Daylight Time,
krus@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Can anyone give me the proper color white for the instrument needles on my
>  thch and speedo?  All of my gauges look good but the white is flaking off
>  of my speedo and needs to be replaced.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

Russ, I re-did the needle on my TR4 Lucas ammeter in '94.  (The "guts' of the
ammeter had been replaced with a red needle.)  I used Testors Model airplane
Gloss White #1145 - available at any Hobby shop.  Three coats with a day's
drying between each coat.

Looks the same as the other gauges and is still great after 5 years.  Should
be no problem at all if you are doing both gauges as they will match each
other and the other gauges are far enough away so that any slight difference
will not be noted.  Hope that helps.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 C33118L , '73 Stag