Re: What's it worth?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "John Suchak" <suchak@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: What's it worth?
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:49 -0800
John wrote:I've half-seriously considered selling my project Spit (wife,
house, baby, eight other cars) but have no idea what price would be
reasonable...   I know how much money and time I have in the car, but am
at a loss to assign a price to it.  I'm wondering if y'all might provide
some opinions on what a fair price would be.[SNIP]
----------
John, considering all you've done, it sounds like you have a lot of time
and $$$ invested.  I looked at the web photos and you are right - she's
a beauty.

But here's the bad news.  Even considering the high quality of
workmanship, it's still an unfinished Spit.  Even a finished Spit isn't
worth "spit" these days (okay, I'm sorry, that was REALLY bad).  :-)
As a reference, last year I sold my 64 Mk I Spit that was a total ground
up resto, about as nice as they come.  Leather seats, everything proper,
and the engine was tweeked just a little too.  Blah, blah, blah.  Sale
price?  $7,500.  Waaaayyyy below what I had in it.  I advertised heavily
on the net, and in local papers, etc.  Had about 5 calls total.  I won't
try to opine on a price for your car, I'm sure you can get an idea based
upon the sale price of mine.  Good luck, and wish I was in the market
for another project.  Regards,

Ross Vincenti
Temporarily Triumphless
64 Porsche 356C coupe