What's it worth?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: What's it worth?
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:48:23 -0400
Fellow (for now) Spitsters:

I've half-seriously considered selling my project Spit (wife, house,
baby, eight other cars) but have no idea what price would be
reasonable...   I know how much money and time I have in the car, but am
at a loss to assign a price to it.  I'm wondering if y'all might provide
some opinions on what a fair price would be.

The car, pretty much as it sits can be seen at
http://www.jacksonville.net/~suchak/newshop.htm

A comprehensive documentation of the project starts at
http://www.jacksonville.net/~suchak/project.htm

Some noteworthy features:

-Ground-up "racestoration" 80% complete.  All of the nasty work
finished.
-Utterly perfect and rust free frame and body, completely stripped, all
body work done, jambs painted, exterior in primer, ready for paint (Ford
Royal Blue Metallic)
-Stock 1500 w/ Weber DCOE40 on polished Canon manifold
-Mahogany rimmed Nardi steering wheel
-Ultra rare mags (Only set like them anybody's ever seen.. Manufacturer
unknown, but they're beautiful!)
-Roll bar
-Competition coil springs, sits low and mean.
-Perfect (like new) soft-top
-stainless hardware throughout, fastidious attention to detail, tons
(well...) of polished parts
-several excellent chrome bumpers
-custom black plexiglass dash w/ full gauges (oil, water, amps, vac, and
all stock)
-includes all parts to complete except water pump, interior and
exhaust.  Quite a few spares (hydraulics, trim, wheels, stock induction,
gear drive tach & dizzy, etc.)
-clear '74 title (no smog!)
-loaded with details, absolutely one of the cleanest cars around.
Hundreds of hours invested.

Paint it, wire it, slap a set of seats in it and she's done!
(well.....)

All of that said, what's it worth?

Thanks in advance,

John