It RUNS - it really runs!

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: It RUNS - it really runs!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 00:36:16 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
The last twelve hours have been spent refitting an overhauled fuel pump,
pressure relief valve, metering unit and six injectors. Through careful
cranking to bleed the system and letting each injector squirt into a jar, I
hit the starter switch with a vengeance. Clouds of smoke out of the back
end, a short-lived misfire, oil pressure at 75psi and NO leaks. Pretty soon,
everything settled down to a most un 2000ish growl with strong TR6PI aural
overtones through the rear silencer. Also Mr. Lucas seems happy on the
electrical side of things. I know this is probably boring in the extreme for
the majority of TR, GT6 and Spitfire owners on this list but a big Daddy-Oh
2.5PI saloon has just returned to the land of the living. Already loaded on
a trailer for a short run tomorrow to a nearby disused WW2 airfield for some
concentrated driving. Might come across a Spitfire of the Supermarine type
with the ghost of Mitchell standing alongside. Presently unwilling to take
it on the Queen's Highway and I feel the boys in blue will endorse my
initiative as car is unlicensed, uninsured, unMOT'd but in no way
undriveable. The Beach Boys are ready in the fully working originally fitted
Smiths radio/cassette player (30 years old) and the electric aerial even
works as well.
Will do my best to keep under 100mph as the tyres are presently rated to a
maximum of 80.

John Mac

Book 1: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
Book 2: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus