TR 4A trans shot

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 4A trans shot
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 15:47:24 -0700
Well... a wonderful Saturday afternoon... I thought I'd take the 4A out
for a drive... and...

I discovered that the suspicion I had that the trans was going were well
grounded... the trans is shot.

Question to the group:

Anyone have a rebuilt trans hanging around from a project car that never
got off the ground?  OR ???

I'm prepared to buy a rebuilt trans from Roadster Factory... or
someplace in England...  but if there's a win/win deal here in the
group... I might go for that too...

so happy to hear from all...  transmission to sell, comments about the
various rebuilders, etc..

I could just go on my own past experience and historical references, but
maybe there's something I've missed out there... or maybe there's been
some quality or price changes that I should be aware of.

thanks.

Justin
(Los Angeles)