Re: It RUNS - it really runs!

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: It RUNS - it really runs!
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:52:45 -0400
John Mac writes:
>The last twelve hours have been spent refitting an overhauled  fuel pump,
>pressure relief valve, metering unit and six injectors. Through careful
>cranking to bleed the system and letting each injector squirt into a jar,
>hit the starter switch with a vengeance. Clouds of smoke out of the back
>end, a short-lived misfire, oil pressure at 75psi and NO leaks.
Pretty soon,
>everything settled down to a most un 2000ish growl with strong TR6PI aural
>overtones through the rear silencer. Also Mr. Lucas seems happy on the
>electrical side of things. I know this is probably boring in the extreme
for
>the majority of TR, GT6 and Spitfire owners on this list but a big
Daddy-Oh
>2.5PI saloon has just returned to the land of the living. Already loaded
on
>a trailer for a short run tomorrow to a nearby disused WW2 airfield for
some
>concentrated driving. Might come across a Spitfire of the Supermarine type
>with the ghost of Mitchell standing alongside. Presently unwilling to take
>it on the Queen's Highway and I feel the boys in blue will endorse my
>initiative as car is unlicensed, uninsured, unMOT'd but in no way
>undriveable. The Beach Boys are ready in the fully working originally
fitted
>Smiths radio/cassette player (30 years old) and the electric aerial even
>works as well.
>Will do my best to keep under 100mph as the tyres are presently rated to a
>maximum of 80.
>
>John Mac

CONGRATULATIONS!  I'm looking ofrward to a ride the next time I'm in
England,  whenever that will be.

I must caution you against over exhuberance.  A co-worker jsut sold his
boat to a young, overexhuberant lad who took the boat out before he was
ready (meaning having the requisit radio, training, manpower, insurance)
and promptly sank it in 30 ft of water.  Fortunately, no one was hurt, but
it
was a rather expensive boat ride.  And I thought dinner with the wife on
les Bateaux Mouches was pricy!

Dave Massey