A Spit Tip

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A Spit Tip
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:20:19 EDT
List,

While snooping around the front of my engine this evening (1296cc), I noticed
a disturbing thing which could turn into a potential fire hazard.

The metal fuel line from the pump to the front carb passes through a small
hole in a metal tab which is attached to the block just below the thermostat
housing.  I suppose it's there to keep the fuel line away from the fan
belt....good idea but not good execution!  My fuel line was developing a
notch from rubbing (vibration) against the inside of the hole.

It's not bad so I cut a small piece of hard rubber tubing, slit it to fit
around the tubing and snugged it in the hole.....developing a fuel leak on a
hot engine would not be a good thing!

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spitfire MkIII  FDU78512L  (Decent Driver!)