Re: Weber/fuel system pressure??

To: Joe Seward <jsseward@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Weber/fuel system pressure??
From: Hugh Barber <tr6@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:17:10 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe,
I have a Cannon manifold w/3 DCOEs on my 1973 TR6.  You are correct that the
linkage needs work.  If you use the "as supplied" linkage, the connection
between the
throttle linkage on the firewall and the bellcrank under the carbs is at a 45
degree angle to horizontal.  Any engine movement translates to throttle
movement.  My solution was to reverse the firewall lever (was on "top" of the
rod, is now underneath the rod), fabricate a heavier-duty firewall to
bellcrank lever out of heim joints and 1/4" rod.  This results in a rod that
is parallel to the ground and minimises engine induced throttle action. If
this is not clear (and it probably isn't) I would be happy to upload a
drawing.

Shane - if you're reading this, I am still looking for my jetting specs (I
moved a couple of months ago and I haven't found the box with my Weber books
yet - but I'm still looking.)

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6