Copyright concerns brought up recently....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Copyright concerns brought up recently....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:14:38 -0600
Ken Bertschy's announcement that he had provided a old competition
manual in electronic form provoked many questions, some of which I
sought to answer in my usual not completely accurate way, as best as I
understood the problem.

After a bit more digging on the web this evening, I came across the
entire text of the copyright laws of the U.S. from the Library of
Congress. The document is provided in .pdf format from the following
http://www.loc.gov/copyright/title17/

The text of the entirety of the copyright laws can be downloaded from
the above site in .pdf format, which is a file approximately 566kb
large.

There is a proviso on the contents of that document, regarding late
amendments, which I think relates to electronic and internet
distribution of information, as follows:

NOTE: Published by the United States Copyright Office, Library of
Congress. Text revised to April
       1999 with the exceptions of the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright
Act, Public Law 105-304 and
       the 1998 Sonny Bono Term Extension Act, Public Law 105-298.

Cheers, all.