Starter Solenoid

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter Solenoid
From: MRobe33243@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:11:29 EST
Hi List:

     In the midst of a frame off and got to thinking of the engine that had
not been turned over in six years so I treated the valve guides and ccylinder
walls to a generous portion of Marvel Oil, hooked up the battery to the
starter solenoid (plugs out and everything disconntected) and pressed the
button, I got a spark but turned the engine over, the solenoid geated up so I
ceased.  I am puzzled.one side of the solenoid goes to the starter and the
other to the battery(the voltage regulator was not conntected.  Any input.

TIA

Bob Roberts
TR$ 35411CT