season greets

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: season greets
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:02:11 -0500
have a good holliday season all.

Whoaaaa........ wait a minute, I was just reading the formula for HP vrs
top end speed.

The speedo in my GT6 says 130 max and in my Jag its 140 max so to find ou=
the horse power I have to go some where nearly twice the max speed limit,=

excuse me but while I may be a bit strange I'm not bloody stupid. There h=
as
to be a more legal and safe way.

And besides that. at a high rate of speed how accurate is the speedo. Spe=
ed
in MPH is =3D to
((the circumference of the tires in inches divided by  transmission ratio=
differential ratio) X  the RPM X 60) divided by 63360.
  At high rates of speed the tires grow in diameter increasing the
circumference. =

HOW MUCH??? you say, I have no idea but the amount will create an
insignificant speed change. a 1 inch increase in diameter equals a 4%
increase so I guess it really don't matter......

What you need is an accelerometer to measure the work the engine is doing=

as it accelerates the car and work back wards.

To the responders to my howdee intro,   tanks.    I tried spitbits again
and this time the pix came thru much clearer. I saved all the other info
you sent because I am finding more parts that need fixen and replacen.

The blurt I put in about the CD175 on TRs ...... well I checked the
reference book and yup they were used besides SUs. So I stuck my foot ini=
t.