Re: Stuck Bonnet - Post Op Report

To: TJYD20A@prodigy.com ( THOM JONES)
Subject: Re: Stuck Bonnet - Post Op Report
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:45:34 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thom,
At 19:30 1/04/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I was glad to find that it wasn't the battery weld problem; I
>was also surprised at the number of you who suggested it ...

You provided the clue that you had repleced the battery, so that was a fair
starting point.

I once had an intermittent problem with the wipers in a girlfriend's Fiat
128 3P. When I opened the bonnet, removed the spare tire, and examined the
mechanism, everything was fine. She eventually replaced the wiper motor
(despite my assurances that it was okay), but still no-go. I eventually
discovered the problem was fouling of the lever if the spare tire wasn't
replaced just so. (I arrived at the solution by carefully considering every
step I took in the trouble-shooting procedure.)

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia