Re[2]: Unanswered Questions - Venting

To: "hutch837@juno.com" <hutch837@juno.com>, "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Unanswered Questions - Venting
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 7:18 -0800
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Brad wrote:

     Yesterday I insured my 1964 Spitfire for the first time since I've
     owned it, which is now 10 years.  I'm am insured with state farm.  My
     premium runs $48 every 6 months.  The coverages are 100/300/50 witha
     deductible of $500 for collision and a deductible of $50 for
     comprehensive.  The agreed upon value was $10,000. [snip]  I am
     limited to 5000 miles per year and it needs to be stored
     indoors.[snip]  By the way, I live in Lincoln Nebraska and our
     insurance rates are definitely less than a lot of areas of the
     country.
     ********************
     WOW!  I'll say!  Jeeezzz.  Hey Brad, I insured my restored 64 Spit
     just like you with my existing agent at Auto Club - it is a 3rd car,
     (no coverage for the Porsche since it is in bits right now), garaged,
     limited to 5,000 annual miles, etc. same coverage amounts, etc.  I'm
     paying $450 annually fer crying out loud!!  Ouch.  Oh yeah, DUH, I
     forgot - I live in SoCal.  Stupid, stupid, stupid........ (can't wait
     until I have to insure the Porsche - oh my God, I think I'm about to
     faint.....)

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe