RE: Unanswered Questions - Venting

To: "'Ed Hutchinson'" <hutch837@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Unanswered Questions - Venting
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 03:34:44 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ed,

        I hear where you're coming from, but in defense of most of the list,
there are a multitude of reasons why the poser of the jacking points question
didn't get many responses.  My reason being, I don't own a 6 and wouldn't know
where to place a jack without looking.  Others may be too busy to respond and
others still may think it's too silly to respond to.

The big problem I had with that whole thread, was that someone took the time to
respond, and instead of just answering, got kinda snitty about it and started
the whole 'stupid question' thing.

The ultimate answer to all things is experience....trial, and unfortunately,
error.  The person who asked probably should have spent a little more time
trying various locations for the jack, then asking the list for their informed
opinion of those jacking points.  That way the asker would not seem so lazy and
impertinent.

JMHO

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA

PS.  Re: insurance, why not ask the insurance companies how THEY define those
terms...you may find they don't even offer the option you want.  Buyer beware!