Re: TR6 Brake Master Cylinder

To: "R. Bruce Crouter" <bruce.crouter@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Master Cylinder
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:12:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Bruce,

I have always had luck by either carefully whacking the m/c squarely onto a
firmly anchored piece of wood, or if that fails, using air pressure to
extract the sticking plunger.

Be careful with the air hose, though. You can build up lots of pressure and
eject the plunger at an amazing velocity. Be sure to wrap the end of the
m/c with a heavy rag to catch the plunger, and by all means point the m/c
in a safe direction before applying air!

Good luck.

>I am trying to rebuild a leaking brake master cylinder in my 1975 TR6.
>I have removed the tipping valve and the primary plunger but I cannot
>get the secondary plunger out.  My Bentley manual seems to suggest it
>should slide right out, mine seems firmly in place.  The secondary
>plunger moves up and down but the assembly will not budge in the
>cylinder.  Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to get at it?  The
>thought of the cost of a rebuilt cylinder makes me shake.  Thank you.

 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA