FW: I Need help with Ball Joint Installation!

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: I Need help with Ball Joint Installation!
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <VINCENR@transamerica.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 08:11:00 PDT
Encoding: 17 TEXT
Ken says he needs help with Ball Joint Installation!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another  $ .02  FWIW, I would caution you to measure the width of the ball
joint itself before purchasing a pickle fork.  When splitting the ball
joints on my 64 Spit, I first tried borrowing my neighbor's pickle fork and
guess what  . . . . . . . . the "forks" were just a little too wide to put
any pressure on the joint and the link, and it kept slipping off.  So, hop
in the truck, drive to Sears, go to tool dept., and plunk down $20.00 for a
"pickle fork kit" consisting of a threaded heat treated shaft and 4
different sizes of fork heads ranging from small to very large.  The
smallest size worked great and I had those suckers apart in no time flat.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery)