Re: Tow Vehicles (no lbc content)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicles (no lbc content)
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 14:04:27 -0800
Tom Tweed wrote:

> I recently sold what had been a very good tow vehicle:
>  a 1980 Ford f-100 pickup, 1/2 ton, 2wd, 300ci straight 6, cheapo stock
> except for the Warner tow-truck 4-speed trans, w/ creeper 1st gear.
snip
> Adapt, improvise, overcome, let someone else cough up the $25,000+ for
> a 4wd status symbol that never leaves suburbia.

I have to second this comment.
Unless you need a status symbol get yourself a good used Ford F-Series
pickup and put your money into your LBC.
I have a 1967 F-250 with a 4 speed and it'll haul anything I ask it to.
Runs great with little maintence (which I do myself) and I don't have
to worry about messing it up.
With the money you save you could buy a nice enclosed trailer and still
afford beer for the cooler.

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'67 Ford F-250 (ugly as hell but boy can it haul!!!!)