Re: TR6 engine number

To: lars.johnsen@hd.uib.no (Lars G. Johnsen)
Subject: Re: TR6 engine number
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@knot.queensu.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 14:34:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 05:08 PM 5/23/96 -0600, you wrote:
>To the TR6 number experts...
>
>When I got the numbers, the engine number looked very strange,
>CF 262634 E

Lars:

Have you considered writing for your TR6's build record?  Perhaps this would
clarify the engine number.  Below is a note posted by Pat Leask a while ago
about obtaining a build record from British Heritage Trust:

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                    e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Co-ordinator, Information Systems  v-mail: 613-545-2228
Computing Centre                      fax: 613-545-6798
Queen's University                   home: 613-542-8110
Kingston. Ontario  CANADA  K7L 3N6   toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8

Pat Leask's Note: ------------------------------------------------------

Below is the address you can write to to have the original records of your
car researched in England. You must of course tell them the year, model, S/N
and any other information you have so they can search for your car.I have a
'66 TR4 A "IRS" and had this done, it was kinda neet. They print it up on a
very nice paper (Certificate) that look's good in a frame.Here is the
information they give you: (Maybe more depending on the car and options)

Car/chassis number
Engine Number
Body Number
Specification (LHD, etc)
Colour, Exterior, Trim, Top
Date build
Date shipped
Destinaiton (Dealer)
Other numbers (IE:Keys)
Details of equipment (Wire's, IRS, Tonneau cover, tyres etc)
Other

The cost is 20 Pounds. It takes a couple of weeks or so !

Here is the address: (Use Cut and Paste, it's a long one !)

Archives Dept.
Britage Heritage
Britage Motor Ind.
Heritage Trust
Heritage Motor Centre
Banbury Rd.
Gaydon
Warwickshire
England (UK)
C35-0bJ

Phone: 011 44 926 6411 88 (The area codes may have changed !)