Re: Trailer Ramps

To: KMNTR6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Trailer Ramps
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Fri, 17 May 96 19:46:39 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Hi All-
>
>I am trying to replace a ramp for my brother's trailer that I lost while
>traveling 80mph on I95 on the way to Baltimore last January. I understand the
>ramp material is officially called "Landing Mats". It was used for portable
>runways during military operations. It is about 14" wide with pressed in
>holes and ribs. We only need 5-6' of it. Does anyone know of a source for
>this material that won't cost an arm & a leg to ship.
>
>Help
>
>Ken Nachman

Ken,
Sorry I can't help with the specific ramp material you're looking for,
but as a point of interest, just yesterday, I saw a set of "fold-up" type
ramps, each section about 40 in. lon,hinged on the bottom to be ridgid
when open. Also straight flat aluminum ramps. Both set designed for
trailer use. Don't recall the price, but can you imagine, they were at
a Sam's Wholesale Club.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"