Re: Bushing materials

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, peb3@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Bushing materials
From: kboetzer@Auspex.Com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 09:27:53 -0700
On a street car
we have the added factor of life of the system to deal with. The more rigid the
bushing, the more high frequency components of vibrations that will be
transmitted back through to various other components. Using bushings with
some compliance Urethane for instance will relieve many components from exposure
to vibrations they may not have been designed to withstand. Granted the design
with regards to vibration resistance of many of the components may be random but
subjecting a marginal design (IMHO all our LBCs are marginal) to increased
vibration is asking for trouble.

Ken

Sorry to bomb the list again but I just had to mention (I spaced it out as I
was writing the first post, Alsheimers again.) the infamous British Comet
aircraft problem along with the Lockeed Electra. (We Yanks not being ones
to be outdone.) Both the result of vibration/fatigue issues not being well
understood.

Toodles