Re: TRF Bashing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Bashing
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 96 8:28:59 -0400
Hey All,

        It seems to me the one constant complaint in this whole conversation
has
been with TRF's backorder.

        Yes, I like that they are knowledgeable.

        Yes, I use their tech line for help and it is great.

        Yes it is nice to get parts for this car.  (My father owned a TR6, and
when I showed him the new Head TRF had delivered he was amazed someone
was doing that , and at the cost)

        Yes, the part quality is always good.

        Yes, when it comes to these things TRF is top rate.

        My one gripe was with the back order.  I placed the order on Feb 10.
The following items
are still to be delivered:

        1) 7 conrod bolts (ordered 12 got 5)
        2) 12 conrod dowels.
        3) 2 emergency brack cables
        4) 2 trailing arm cross members for the frames.
        5) 1 lower and gasket set.

        It is item #4 that has me the most worried.  When I placed the order I
was told it would be backordered, and would take 2-4 weeks before they
had a delivery.  At the end of April I gave a call and was told their
suppliers workers were on strike, and they were waiting for a delivery
from another supplier.

        Now if I was trying to do this work now I would be searching for
another
supplier for the part, but since I am not going to start until Sept. I
will give them time.

        Also I need items 1,2, & 5 to do the engine rebuild I require.  I won't
start this until I have these parts.  Since I got a partial delivery on
item 1 I can't imagine what is taking so long for that, as well as item
5!

        Like I said, at this point I am willing to wait.  I do like these guys,
but this winter, when I am in the middle of work and I need a part now or
all work must stop then I will place my orders with other venders.

JHD IV