Re: TRF Bashing

To: TRIA73@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Bashing
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 02:12:19 -0400

Five years ago, I purchased a 71 TR6. Knowing it needed "a little work," I
set out  to learn about my first project. After confessing ignorance to the
big three (Moss, Vict. Brit and TRF) I learned that I could rely on only one
supplier to provide accurate and helpful information on a regular basis.
Moreover, only one supplier seemed concerned when a part "might not be up to
their standards."

I later restored a TR3B. Again only one supplier was regularly reliable with
information and  quality, TRF. Like most enthuasists, I do not have the time
to shop several suppliers  for the parts and work on the cars. Information
and advice is welcomed and needed.

Last year I attended the Summer Party sponsored by TRF. I recomend it to all.
However,  this TRF bashing reminds me of the person I overheard complaining
to the registration tent that he should have his entry fee refunded because
it rained. Inconvience is part of life. I am confident that this discussion
will affect the TRF policy on backorders. Perhaps a notecard to inform
purchasers of an anticipated delivery date?  However, for my money, good
advice and quality parts far outweigh the inconvenience of a backorder.

Good job Charles, John et al. I know the constructive criticism on backorders
will be well received.