where to get carpet underlayment?

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: where to get carpet underlayment?
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Thu, 2 May 96 13:34:48 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
John Moody inquires.

John,
I went to the local hardware store. They had a mylar/plastic bubble
insulation material for wrapping water heaters, insulating garage doors
etc. The stuff is about 1/8 inch thick and easily cut with a razor knife
or exacto. Virtually identical to the stuff sold by Moss (I think it's
Moss) except the precut kits I've seen advertised were $60 or $70. This
comes in various width rolls for about $20. One 24" roll did the entire
TR3 with enough left over for a couple of other little projects. And I
did both sides of the transmission tunnel. Best of all, it really works!
Much cooler in the footwells and this stuff doesn't absorb water and hold
it against the metal like the original horsehair jute or whatever it was.

Just a suggestion
Rik

Rik Schlierer                 "Imagination is what allows you
RGS03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US          to remember things that
NYS DEPT OF HEALTH, ALBANY NY     never happened" (D.T.M.)