VSCDA banquet $

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: VSCDA banquet $
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:22:06 -0600
WST wrote:

> I looked at the banquet invitation.... dinner per member,
> with one guest, is $40 a person. Additional people,
> $80 a plate. Huh? WHat? $80???

> So, please tell me why it costs $80 (actually, tell me it costs $40 per
> subsidized for a member and a guest while you're at it...) for a "family
> style serving" of dinner at Maggianos?

The obvious purpose is to discourage dashing single guys like ourselves from
bringing more than one date to the soiree. It certainly discouraged me from
bringing a second date as backup.

Actually, the price discouraged me from bringing ANY date, since I couldn't
find a woman willing to pony up her half of the feed bill.

Jim Hill
The Runaway Train