RE: Triumphs and roll overs

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Triumphs and roll overs
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:36:01 -0700
If I can be forgiven for butting in (I'm not really a member of the race
scene or of Team Thicko), I'll offer a few thoughts.

It is indeed a shame that so many original cars are being turned into
scrap, yet there has to be a line drawn, or it's no longer vintage racing.
 After the entire rear axle is upgraded, I'm sure there will be something
else that commonly breaks, and so on, until what you are racing is just a
Datsun or whatever, wearing a fiber skin in the shape of a TR.

Perhaps some smart person can figure out _why_ the rear axles break, and
re-engineer that area to be stronger (eg smaller bearings so the axle can
be thicker, or even better alloys, etc.) but still acceptable.  I'm no ME,
but the basic design seems pretty similar to others, I don't see any fatal
flaws.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver